[ ...sometimes EYE don't ]

[ ...sometimes EYE don't ]
.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Plein Aire...

    I had a great time sketching outside in the rose garden @ the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens. I met Doug Clark & Elaine Taylor, the Gallery Manager of the Fort Worth Community Arts Center. It was such a beautiful morning & I took my blanket ready to sketch on the lawn of the gardens. Well, to my surprise, they watered the grass so I set-up to sketch on this bench.          

<><>
<>
<><>

I got all set up and did not feel like sketching flowers & such so I finished this bird sketch that has been trapped in my sketchbook.  Her left wing is missing because I started the sketch @ the left side of my paper as if she was landing  onto the book this way.  I seem to do things like that when I sketch and I don't know why.  When I sketch, are the characters that come to life still traveling some how and I capture them this way?

I did take a few pictures of the rose garden and just maybe I will sketch some roses soon.









No comments:

Post a Comment